Our CBD based, Finance/Investment client has a requirement for 3 x Senior Developers to join their team on a permanent basisThe Company
This is an opportunity to join a proud Queensland organisation that has a global presence and employs over 1000 staff who specialise in delivering successful investment opportunities to its clients. Located in the CBD in recently refurbished offices, our client genuinely believes in the happiness of its staff and offers a great place to work and excellent benefits.The Position
The Senior Developer will work with the investment teams to deliver business aligned technology solutions to drive the overall performance of the investment teams.
The role will be integral to a squad of high performing technical resources working to deliver solutions to enhance risk management within investment products including interest rate, credit, inflation and currency markets.
The role will allow you to apply your passion for technology and problem solving, using the latest, cutting edge technologies whilst working alongside and learning from talented, knowledgeable and experienced software development consultants. This is a great role for someone who is self-motivated and loves seeing clients excited about solutions to their
business problems.Key Accountabilities
Skills and Experience Required
- Design, develop, test, deliver, and maintain custom software solutions
- Directly collaborate with the investment teams on a daily basis
- Conduct peer reviews for application design, coding and adherence to company standards, procedures and methodologies
- Define the architectural components of the solution in line with the system architecture and in consultation with the Solution Architect
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of programming standards, procedures, tools and methodologies associated with the development and maintenance of applications
The ideal applicant will have experience across a lot of the following:
- Solid experience with both front-end and server-side development.
- Previous experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery practices.
- The core solutions are developed in C# (.Net Core) and MATLAB so experience in these areas is expected.
- Solid understanding of mathematics and statistics
- Ability to design/architect software by using Object Oriented principles
- Working knowledge of finance, including equities, forwards, futures and swaps
- Experienced with teams in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
- Ability to communicate technical requirements and outputs in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership in the completion of tasks
- An interest and passion for exploring new data/analytics concepts, applications and innovations
- High level of personal integrity and discipline, with attention to detail and commitment to quality
The ideal candidate will have experience with some of the following techniques, technologies and frameworks to deliver complete solutions:
- Server-side programming language (C#, Java, Python, F#, Node etc.)
- Analytics and data processing (MATLAB, Python)
- ASP.NET MVC Core
- React / Angular / Vue
- HTML5 and CSS3 (Bootstrap, Bulma, etc.)
- Testing frameworks (xUnit, Specflow, Cucumber, Moq, Mocha, Jest etc.)
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (Azure DevOps, GoCD, TeamCity etc.)
- Agile delivery methods
If you are interested in this position and have the skills and experience required to be successful in this role, please apply today. For further information, please contact Andrew Smith on 07 3177 2045 or firstname.lastname@example.org