We currently have an excellent opportunity for a strong, customer centric Network Engineer based in Brisbane supporting remote sites with occasional regional travel required. This is an initial 6 month contract and will be providing remote support, excellent networking skills matched with an excellent communication skills are required.
- Implementing LANs, WANS, and Cisco infrastructure in High Availability data centre environments;
- In depth knowledge of Cisco IOS & ASA enterprise level switches, routers, firewalls and wireless LAN controllers
- Analysing, configuring, installing, and managing Cisco systems;
- Investigating faults in the network
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Excellent communication skills, including reporting network status to key senior stakeholders
- A good understanding of service management tools and processes to support infrastructure services and it technologies
- Ability to work on a staggered start roster to cover the business Core Operating Hours of 7am-7pm M-F.
- Ability to work On-Call or perform scheduled or coordinated Out Of Hours maintenance and support as required.
- CCNA with Industrial certification, including knowledge of Control and Network System engineering in the field of oil and gas.
- SCADA and Industrial network exposure
- Multiple routing and Cisco OTV protocols (OSPF/BGP/HSRP/EIGRP), and current Cisco IOS.
- CISCO Viptela and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) technology support
- Knowledge of security related technologies such as 2-factor authentication, RADIUS, RSA and 802.1x
- Tetration, ACI, ISE, FTD, AMP, DNAC, Umbrella, CloudLock, Stealthwatch, InfoBlocks
- Microsoft Windows client Operating Systems – 7, 8.1, 10, Microsoft Server operating Systems – 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016
- Basic Active Directory (user creation, reset passwords)
- VMWare ESX 6.0, and 6.5, vSphere
If interested in being considered for this excellent opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate review.