Recon Solutions have been instructed by Travello to find a talented and experienced Senior Backend Developer with strong Java skills to join their dynamic, high-performing team in Fortitude Valley
Founded by Mark Cantoni and Ryan Hanly in 2015, Travello connects travellers from all corners of the globe, recommends experiences and enables users to browse and book activities from an easy to use app. The app is powered by a Fortitude Valley-based team with a passion for connecting and inspiring travellers.
Travello currently has over 600,000 users, is experiencing exponential growth and is considered one of the world’s largest and most trusted travel communities, used by travellers in over 180 countries!About the Position
On the back of the success of the Travello App and due to a period of rapid growth, a talented Senior Backend Developer is required to take the organisation into the next phase of development.
As a backend developer you work closely with the frontend developers and the product team to implement APIs supporting the consumer applications as well as the in-house support portals.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in related areas such as software architecture, API design, and operations.
Travello uses a mix of Java, Kotlin and Go across a number of microservices running on the Google Cloud Platform. Communication is primarily via GRPC and PubSub topics, with some REST services. Builds and deployments are generally automated using Bitbucket pipelines.
- Work within an Agile team to design, build and implement web-based solutions
- Assist in design and implementation of development environment and tools (e.g. Continuous delivery pipeline)
- Assist in tool and framework selection
- Collaborate in a team environment to share knowledge and learning
- Perform code review and analysis
- Deployment of component packages and applications in production, and post-implementation support.
Why Join Travello
- At least 5 years’ experience in a backend developer / technical lead role
- Strong background in Java development
- Experience with GO or Kotlin would be highly advantageous
- Experience across cloud platforms (Azure/AWS/Google Cloud)
- Demonstrated experience in development utilizing Web API/RESTful
- Extensive experience and ability to work in an Agile team to deliver high-quality web applications in a responsive manner
- Experience with version control systems – git, Bitbucket
- Experience working with high traffic, public facing, accessible websites and applications
- CI/CD experience
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker – preferred but not essential
It’s an exciting time to join Travello and be a part of a successful team and high-performing team. You will be working across the latest technologies and working on cool projects where your input is crucial to the success of the organisation.
The team at Travello are excellent at what they do, making it a great environment to work amongst like-minded and skilled developers where you get to showcase your skills, as well as continuing to learn in an open and collaborative environment.
Travello pride themselves on their work/life balance and are happy to accommodate flexible working hours or working from home when required.
It’s a social team that have fun while they work, so if you are hard-working, friendly and motivated and want to be part of a social and fun team we would welcome an application from you today.